Monday, May 13, 2013

Rediscovering myself

I don't like earphones.

I have never liked them. The few times I've used them, they've hurt my ear.
Or maybe the dislike goes deeper than that, maybe I don't like to feel disconnected from the world, unaware of what's going on around me.

What other things do I not like?

I don't like country music or heavy metal... specially because the latter makes me feel anxious, because I just hear noise and can't really make up what instruments are being used.

I don't like messes. But I hate cleaning up.
I don't like clutter, but it is so hard for me to throw away some things. There are letters, notes from friends, concert stubs, photos, gifts. I keep too much, I remember too much.

I miss hearing my dad's voice. It broke my heart to say good-bye to him every time we talked on the phone from so many miles away, until we couldn't talk anymore.

I hate death.

No comments: