Monday, January 03, 2005

Java 'n Paint

I finally got to meet Kelly Moore, unfortunately he's moving to Santa Fe and I didn't get to know him. BUT, his legacy to me was a whole lot of art supplies and a HUGE desire to experience with new things in painting.
I've never used oil paints before for many different reasons, one of them is that in E.S. I wouldn't even dream of painting with such materials because of their cost. So, what I've used so far is just watercolor, gouach, ink, pastels, and all that together (love mixed-media madness from time to time). I'm trying to get into ARTS 3103 (Painting I). I checked today and the class is full, so now I'm trying to get an override. I really want to get into that class... Kelly said not to, because they would teach me how to paint. I have my style and I'd like to keep it mine, but I need to learn how to use the materials :)

On a different note, Happy 2005.
I wish you love and happiness. I wish you wisdom to understand that we don't need to understand everything. And I pray for relief and peace, as bad things happens all around the planet and many people suffer. There is so much pain... that no explanation or words will never ease the suffering. God, give them peace and new strenght so they can smile once again.

1 comment:

Maria Sanchez said...

Wow how great is that! I really enjoy Kelly Moore's art. I've had email exchange with him and have exchanged links with him. I'm jealous that you got to meet him in person. I hope to see more paintings from you now that you are loaded up.