Sunday, March 06, 2005

About men and flat tires

If there is something that I just cannot do is change a flat tire.

Last Friday I got a ride to my car ('cause I have to park on the other side of the world 'cause parking and transit at the U of A stink!), and when we got to Berthito (that's my blue Ford Taurus '88) my friend said "B, you got a flat tire" I couldn't see so I said "no, I don't" and then I saw Berthito and I said "Oh man! I do!"
THANK GOD FOR MY FRIEND!
He changed the tire for me... and I've never felt so USELESS before... Seriously... I couldn't even pass the tools 'cause I don't know what they're called! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY'RE CALLED IN SPANISH!!!

Berthito now has new tires... It needed new tires since I got him in Summer 2003. Berthito's tires were so worn out that it would slip in wet leaves!!! So I ended up getting new tires as a birthday present from my mom and my sis. YES... I'll be 20 on March 10th!!! WOO HOO!!!

Also, I'm starting a journal/sketchbook. Which I've been wanting to do for a while now. I'll make notes about life and funny episodes of it. Like how that unidentified dude hugged me on Friday! That was hilarious...
I was standing in front of the food court waiting for a friend with two other friends when this tall, African-American guy comes at me and gives me a flyer about some party. I took the flyer and said thanks... well, he was so tall that I didn't look at his face right away (I'm 5'2" so that was too much work for me!), until he HUGGED ME! he said "how've you been doing?" I said "good" while thinking "where do I know him from?".
The only reason I didn't do anything is because I know many people on campus... and sometimes I forget people's names or faces... so I thought I knew the guy... but then he walked away and I looked at him to see if I could recognize him, and that's when I realized I didn't know the guy!!! I said to my friends "I have no clue who that is! I do not know him!" and they started laughing... I was laughing with them, 'cause I thought it was hilarious... I hope that doesn't happen again, though!

That's it for now, so for all you dreamers out there... keep dreaming... dream BIG! And please learn how to change a tire and make sure to know everybody that hugs you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.upoverjazz.com/