Sunday, February 19, 2006

Andiamo a giocare!

I might be getting too old to play in the snow, because I woke up this morning with a cold. I'll be 21 in 19 days.

I couldn't go to school to finish my design assignment... I'm a little afraid of driving on icy roads.

And yesterday I didn't go out either (except to play for a while) so I had time to finish a book I had been reading since the year started and to organize my room.

The book I finished was "The Coldest Winter Ever" by Sister Souljah. It was great! I borrowed it from a friend of mine after I asked her about Souljah. I had heard she was good, but had never read any of her books. I'll start "Playing with Boys" either today or tomorrow.

My friend Roo has my copy of "The Dirty Girls Social Club"... It was funny how that book came into the conversation. We were talking about what she's planning on doing after she graduates in May; then she said that we should meet every other year in a different country to catch up and visit a new place... that was what reminded me of the book and I jumped and asked if she had read it before. The next day, I was leaving the book in her inbox with a note "Let me know if you need any help with the Spanglish. -- B"

It's nice reading fiction. Gives me a nice break from the news and the textbooks.

No comments: