Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Highlight of my DC trip last week



The ABSOLUTELY BEST was the Women of Distinction celebration. I got to meet these AMAZING women:


Consuelo Castillo Kickbush, Beverly Tatum, Rebecca Walker, Eve Ensler, and Bernice Sandler!!!!

What can I say, I was so excited-- I couldn't stop smiling!!!!!!!!! They were all simply amazing... Profound in every way you can think of. Intellectual, compassionate, beautiful...... I saw in them what I want to be one day, sooner rather than later. I want to be of inspiration to others like they are an inspiration to me. I've wanted that ever since I can remember-- I actually remember telling that to Maria Ines that year before she passed. Sometimes I forget that I want that... But then I meet wonderful people like these women and I'm reminded of it. Who wants to be like Barbie (the doll)?! I want to be like these ladies!

The first photo here is the Student Advisory Council (that includes me) and our Women of Distinction. And here I am with Beverly, Bernice, and Rebecca.



So keep reading my blog, if you do. Because I'm a future AAUW Woman of Distinction!!!

Oh, and if you can't wait any longer for more on my DC trip you can see the edited version of my trip here: Web Design Project 3.

No comments: