Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Words of a future DCist

After spending some time here, I've realized how much I really want to live in DC. Is not just the fact that I feel like I fit right in, but also the fact that there is so much to get to see still. I want to go to Dupont Circle. I've never been there and I've heard so much about it. I want to go to graphic design art shows or just to a bar where they just happen to have a band playing latin jazz one night-- you know, a lo caribeƱo. I want public transportation and people around me. I want strangers around me, like I had in San Salvador. Where I live now, I can't go anywhere without running into someone I know. Some people long for a life in a small town, but I'm just not like that. I had to take the bus and cross streets by myself before I got sixth grade. I have a city-soul and I can't help it. And DC is just so wonderful!

I have to stop writing right now. Not just because I need to do some reading, but also because my heart is beating faster at the thought of DC.

P.S. I'm reading this.

1 comment:

Coco said...

I loved DC...
I actually live in a city near San Francisco- So whenever I need to be in the "city" to enjoy the nightlife, culture, and or cuisine,
it's just a hop on BART and I'm there ; ) BUT I would not like to live there...all big cities have BIG problems.

Un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
bendiciones.