Sunday, April 22, 2007

WHOinspiresME?

I've been working on my professional practices presentation for tomorrow. I'll show a few posters and graphic design projects I've done as well as some paintings and a few photos. A very important part of the presentation is about influences in art, the instructor makes it a point to ask every student who he/she draws inspiration from. And so I included a part of that in my presentation. Here are some of the images I included and the names of those who made them:


Hillman Curtis: the man who will never come to Fayetteville, AR.


Modern Dog Design: the dudes who already came to Fayetteville, AR.


James Victore: The man who said "The political stuff, that's what graphic design is for. Not to sell socks... graphic design is a big fucking club with spikes in it and I wanna wield it, I wanna use it…I wanna use it in its pure, in its strongest, in its fullest potential"


Henri Cartier-Bresson: the photographer I found after overhearing a conversation.

P.S. of course I included Frida Kahlo, after all, I am one of the two latinas in the class and the other girl didn't mention her, so I will.

No comments: