Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I am 24 hrs away from being ready to leave for Vegas in about 31 hrs

It feels like a big journey that has gotten me to this point of almost-readiness. The biggest obstacle was the dress.... and I'm knocking on wood cause I said WAS, it better be past tense, cause I'm not putting up with more crap from it. Apart from the dress-related drama, everything has gone smoothly. I have to run a couple of errands tomorrow after work, then pack, then I'm ready to go! I cannot even start to imagine how much pressure Ja and Jo are under right now. Like they say in here, bless their little hearts! ...... never mind, I take that back. I don't want to sound from here. It just reminded me of the time when Jo said to me how he could tell I had learned English in this state after I said something starting with "I'm fixing to.." HA! That was the last time I said that.

And about the quote on the last posts. I saw this movie, The Last Kiss, during the weekend and got the quote from there. I thought it was really great, because the main character had just done something really stupid and hurt his girlfriend and the relationship they had up to that point. And while the guy was talking to the girl's dad he was telling her dad how much he loved his daughter and at that point he said what he said (see previous post). And I thought that was very true. How our words, though sometimes they might sound amazing, are really just air if we don't have actions to back them up.

I'll go to bed now. Early. Because it's been dark for a while now and it's cold. I guess we're officially out of Summer and in Autumn. But before I leave I wanted to share with you two things. First, is this blog. It's about this couple in the process of adopting one (or two) little girls from Guatemala. Actually, one of the girls was born in El Salvador. You should look at their blog, and if you pray, pray for them. They seem like they would be great parents. The second thing is very mundane, specially when compared to the first one. It's just that I wanted to show you this album I made on facebook that I really liked. I just wanted to post some photos, but it ended up describing me in a couple of levels. Enjoy.

Sweet dreams. Buenas noches.

No comments: