Friday, November 05, 2004

About iced mochas, my artist’s finger nails and other matters.

It’s really cold outside.
The frozen grass lets me know that the new season will not wait anyone.
A nice gesture from a friend lets me know that life is sweet; it will always be that way!
Yes, life is sweet... despite of all the insanity of this world, happiness is real and can be reached by anyone who wants it and is willing to accept the challenges and responsibilities that it entails.
But before I get all poetic I need to get back to my not-so-relevant-to-anyone-else post… I wanted to talk about iced mochas and something that happened to me last Tuesday. I was studying in the coffee house as usual and I thought of getting myself an iced mocha, then the thought of having to pay almost $3 for my so-wanted iced mocha struck me. Then I thought “hmm… what if I spend my lunch money on the iced mocha” and I did it… of course it was worth it. I never like what I have for lunch anyway! I'd get to the food court and think “what sounds good for lunch?” and the answer is always a “nothing” that follows a relatively long period of time (I’m talking about 5 secs here). So I’m glad I had that iced mocha… I’m trying to reduce my caffeine intake to just one iced mocha per week, but it’s really hard! Like today, a friend treated me to one... how could I ever say no to an iced mocha?!
Another thing that I wanted to discuss in this absurd weblog was my artist’s nails. Yeah… my finger nails never look good ‘cause of the charcoal, acrylic, graphite and everything else that gets on them each day. I know that my not-very-attractive nails are just one more thing to get used to when one attempts to be an artist. However, I put some clear nail polish every now and then… but when my friend says “hey… your nails look nice… how come?!” that is an indication that I need to pay more attention to my appearance so people won’t get surprised when I look a little nicer than usual.
And well… that’s it for now. No more comments.Thank you to all my readers and I hope you are enjoying these pointless weblog.

No comments: