Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Little Deer




One of my favorite paintings by Frida Kahlo. She wrote this poem when she painted "The Little Deer".

Alone the deer roams about
very sad and full of wounds,
until he finds warmth and a nest
near Acady and Lina.

When the deer returns once again,
strengthened, happy and recuperated,
the wounds of today
will have long been forgotten.

Thank you, children of my life,
thank you for all the comfort
In the deer's forest
the sky is already clearing up.

Here I leave you my portrait
so that you do not forget me
all the nights and days
I am away from you.

There is sorrow I
in all my pictures,
My life was simply like that,
complaining will not help.

But deep down in my heart
I preserve the joyful fact
that Arcady and Lina
love me as I am.

Accept this little picture
which I painted full of love
as a gift for your care
and your endless gentleness.


More info here

2 comments:

BEGT said...

...Until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Anonymous said...

http://www.pucp.edu.pe/luishernandez/lh_flash.html