Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice Ice Baby!

There's a thick layer of ice over Northwest Arkansas!
Yes, baby, my car was so freaking cold that it took me about 45 minutes last
night to just opened my car. Then I had to get the ice off the windshield
and the windows. There was rain since Friday (which, by the way, I love) but
then the temperature dropped like CRAZZZZZZZZY and all started freezing.
There was a very light snow all day yesterday and it looked very pretty, but
it kept freezing my car. By the time I had to leave for the MLK banquet my
car had been idling for about 20 minutes and there STILL was some ice on the
windshield.
I love winter, but driving in the winter is so very dangerous.
After the banquet I had to do some other tricks to get my car door to open.
And the car looked hilarious all covered up in ice. I didn't take a picture,
thought, it was too cold.

Jose brought me some postcards from Mexico, which are pretty awesome. AND he
brought me a ceramic sol y luna in blue... which is now in display in my
room, thank you very much.

This morning I woke up extra early to start the semester right. I went,
tricked-opened my car and then left for class. Yes, baby, this is the
beginning of my last Spring semester at the University of Arkansas. I made
it safely to campus, but parking was another story. The parking deck was
full and had so much ice in some parts that it was just so ridiculous. They
had to close the 3rd level of the deck because that part pretty much becomes
an ice skating area when we hit freezing temperatures. There have been other
times when the UA facilities have been so ridiculously slick, so by now I'm
just used to this situations. That doesn't make it any better or less
dangerous, but what can I do? The UA will only learn after they get a suit.

I have to say, thought, I'm glad the winter is not looking like summer. It
has been pretty sad so far, the weather changing as often as I get gas for
my car. We've done so much wrong to this planet.

No comments: