Sunday, June 05, 2005

New places, new faces

I just came back from Washington D.C.
I went to the 2005 AAUW National Conference for College Women Student Leaders. The conference was great, I met new friends and learned some new things. Now when someone asks me "what time is it?" I will want to say "ZING! time" with the funny gesture... I'll probably say that once or twice... just for the kicks!
It was my first time in D.C. and I loved it... I loved everything about it and didn't want to come back to quiet-Arkansas. I miss city things like buses and noise... everything brought back memories from home. I even wrote a couple of poems (in Spanish). I remembered how it was like to see Latinos all around me.
We did a lot of the must-do for tourists, we saw must of the must-see. And I have to admit that after the National Gallery of Art, I wasn't really interested in much more... I got to see some Van Gogh originals and OMG, even now that I'm recalling the moments my heart is beating faster and I can't help but smile!
Of course, there is much more to tell about the trip. But it'll have to be later, because I'm very tired.

I'd love to live in D.C.

No comments: