Wednesday, July 06, 2005

All these things!!!

I'm very tired today. It was a very long day. My car broke down when I went to return the overpriced textbooks at the community college. I was planing on going to the bookstore on Dickson St. and getting the same books ($40 cheaper), but then my car wouldn't move; it wouldn't move at all. It's at the shop right now, my uncle went and got me. I missed my meeting, I didn't buy the books and I have homework. And I got no one to talk to. This blog thing saves me sometimes. I wish Pauli was here.

I was reading El Diario de Hoy (Salvadoran newspaper) and there were protests today due to the increase on the cost for public transportation. There were at least 25 people injured. At least. There was a line that said:

"The protesters threw stones at the police officers, who responded by shooting."
It's been 13 years since the peace accords were signed. There is still no peace in El Salvador. Don't believe otherwise... There cannot be peace where extreme poverty and extreme wealth exist at the same time. There will always be people suffering while others just get richer. That's life, isn't it? I believe there can be a better world... but maybe I just don't know... I've never had money or power (I shouldn't say power, after all, it comes with the money) so I don't know how's it like to be up there... maybe that's why I believe.

I pray for my patria. I pray everyday for those that are surviving on just one or two dollars per day. And I pray that the people with the power realize that life doesn't have to be like this. I pray that my brothers stop shooting my brothers.

No comments: