Monday, July 04, 2005

Day at the lake



I spent the day at the lake today with the familia and some amigos. It was fun! I didn't swim (because that water smelled fishy) but I went on the lancha twice with my tio. We ate a lot... a lot!!! I'm afraid that carne asada will come back and hunt me :P

I was hoping to get some color back, specially for my legs. My sister's been calling me palida -pale- for a couple of weeks now. That's only because she's REALLY dark, and she's gotten that tan because she's been going to the lake a lot lately... and I'm mean at least 4 times a week. I've been working, taking classes, and such... no time for tanning. You can now see my white foot in the picture. Anyway, I had fun. It was relaxing. I read and played with my little cousins... they're crazy! Manuelito was actually talking about my future in graphic arts... he said "Man! Berthy's gonna make a LOT of money! She's gonna work in graphic design; she'll be drawing and doing this (pointing to a Gatoraid logo) and that's fun!!!" and then he said to one of his friends "Berthy has her WHOLE career planned!" I couldn't help but smile. Manuelito is so smart (and cute!). He'll be 11 in about a month. I had no idea he thought that way about me.

I've been painting also... but more on that later... I'm actually going to paint some more now.

No comments: