Saturday, July 09, 2005

Like sand...



A lot of things have happened this week. I can't believe. I was saving for a nice digital camera (Canon PowerShot A510, to be more exact) when my car broke down. It was the transmission... I had to replace it, it was really expensive for me, but I can't afford just to buy a new car. It's not like I love Berthito (my car) so much that I chose not to replace it... That was just not an option.
So... I had to spend the money I had saved for the camera and even some money for school. I've been working all summer and saving for school. Now I'll have to work more hours before school starts on August so I can replace the money I spent on the car.
With the camera, I can wait. I might be able to find a better one (and maybe cheaper) later... or who knows?! Maybe I'll get one for Xmas!

Money is a pain... even more when you don't have it.

On another note, I've been painting. Using acrylics because I can't use oils at home (for all the fumes and the waste -I mean... you can't just dump the pain thiner and the other stuff you use down the drain! I know that fumes can be good for your creativity and all, but they're bad for the environment!!! Fumes are great for artists... We've talked about it with Jacob, many of the great masters in painting seem to have been kinda nuts... and the only thing they had in common was the paint... so the fumes! that's it! he he he). Mmm... I lost my train of thought... Oh, yeah! I wanted to say that I had forgotten how fast acrylics dry. I had a hard time washing my palete and the kitchen table :P

Anyway, I'll go paint some more now. Ciao!

P.S. If you click on the picture, you'll see my favorite photos at Flicker. They're other flickrians' and this one I used today I like a lot :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

muy guay tu blog,aunque yo de ingles ni papa(patata)pero algo de tu coche una camara de fotos mas barata pero mala y otra buena y cara,algo de eso es de lo que trata el ultimo?pero la foto,amigo,esa mano dejando la arena caer entre los dedos es preciosa,y entiendo algo pues mi hermano es fotografo y mi hijo tambien,y yo tengo alma de fotografa,bueno nos seguimos visitando.ciao