Sunday, August 12, 2007

Something Beautiful

Sometimes things are better said with borrowed words... maybe words better heard with music. As I sit in front of this screen, once again, I wonder how hot it is outside and how I could just go out and stand under the sun until I feel sweat coming down my forehead. Just so I can feel alive. Sometimes we need prove of that, sometimes it's necessary to get out of the cool routine I hate so much. Sometimes we need to feel thirst to remember what it's like to feel human.
Close my eyes and hold my heart.
Cover me and make me something.
Change this something normal into something beautiful.

What I get from my reflection isn't what I thought I'd see.
Give me reason to believe you'd never keep me incomplete.
Will you untie this loss of mine, it easily defines me.
Do you see it on my face?
That all I can think about is how long I've been waiting to feel you move me.

And I'm still fighting for the world to break these chains.
And I still pray when I look in your eyes.
You stare right back down into something beautiful.

1 comment:

Lady 24 said...

my sweet friend. I love your words, actually a huge part of my vocabulary is because your blog.
I love you, I love the day when I met you 8 years ago, I love the afternoon wich we spent in your house, i love your friendship, i love the way you scolding me. I thank God for your life, and I hope to see you soon...