Monday, November 06, 2006

High altitude

I have not been neglecting my blog, I just have been dealing with a killer migraine that got me since I got up Sunday morning. I don't know what it was, but I got up at 7 am with a terrible pain in my head that made me want to vomit. I took some medicine and went back to bed where I turned around for about 2 hours fighting the pain. I finally went to back to sleep only to wake up a couple of hours later to find that the headache was still there.

The day went by and the headache didn't go away. I took a lot of medicine just to keep me from getting sicker. But the pain never went away completely. And I got up this morning with a little pain, that was nothing really, compared to yesterday. So I went to class, and then to work, and then back to class. And right after that it came back. So I couldn't go paint because the fumes in the studio would have made it ten times worst.

And I got here, and I shouldn't be in front of this computer, but I wanted to write and upload a couple of photos.

I had a great time in Colorado. I didn't do very well with the altitude change, and I think that had a lot to do with the migraine, but I enjoyed the trip. It was hard, I even got a bloody nose (like when I was a kid), but I handled it well. Those years of practice served me well.

I saw the most magnificent mountain scenes you can imagine! I had only seen them in calendars or postcards and now I have them in my life as memories and photos. It's amazing, and I realize that I am privileged to see such wonders. I realize I am very blessed. I even saw a shooting star on Thursday night... I am very grateful.

And on the way back, I couldn't have asked for a better trip. I got a window seat and I got to see the sunset from above! It was so beautiful! I took about 100 pictures just from that little window, and I thought of so many stories and scenes of angels resting on top of the clouds played in my head a few times. The sun was amazing and the clouds got the form of an infinite cotton ocean.

I enjoyed my time. And later on (when the migraine is history) I will tell you about the conference, the art gallery walk, the nights out sledding, and my opinion on the Ted Haggard deal.

No comments: