Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A sunshiny day

While we still wait for Virginia to see if the Democrats win the U.S. Senate in addition to the House of Representatives, I'd like to extend my congratulations to President George W. Bush. Just when everyone thought he couldn't do any worst he comes and ruins it for his party, and that might be the best thing he's done for his country since he got elected. But he didn't even do that all by himself, he got some great help from Mark Folley and from a good christian preacher, Ted Haggard... who really had it coming, because no one can be so hateful and hypocritical and still expect to be treated with the respect he never showed to those "sinners" he condemned. Just wait, Ronnie Floyd, your time will come too.

As a christian, I am sadden by how the church treated Haggard, how he was ousted instead of showing him the mercy and grace that Jesus IS. Don't we preach that we have to follow his footsteps? BUT as a human and a feminist, I am glad to see that maybe Haggard will learn from experience that hate is not a good thing...

But well, with the Democratic win and with Nancy Pelosi as the first female Speaker of the House, things couldn't look better at the moment (well, they could, but let's just enjoy this very moment). Maybe the U.S. troops will come back to the country soon.

I know Jacob has been smiling big since last night... :)

1 comment:

Jake said...

sorry, my blog reading has been behind. I've had a couple really crazy weeks...next week is no different. We have a lot of events planned for National Hunger & Homelessness week... yes, I've been very excited since tuesday night. My worries have been a little relieved...thank goodness. :-) I am so happy you enjoyed Colorado. I wish we could have been there with you.