Thursday, April 27, 2006

"I want time"

There are so many things I want to write about at this very moment. I want to say how happy I am that the semester-long group project that drove me and my team to profanity is finally over, and I want to say how much I enjoyed working with my team and how great I think each one of those individuals are.
I want to tell you about the time I've been taking to think about the things I care about and how much better I feel. I want to tell you how I will step down from leadership positions that, even though they mean the world to me, did not help me develop into a greater someone. I want to tell you how much I believe stepping down from those positions will benefit me and how much I look forward to enjoying my time in the organizations I've chosen to stay involved with.
I want to tell you how much I loved to go into the painting studio last Sunday and how I realized I missed the sights and the smell of oil paints. I want it all again, and I can't wait to be back in the studio in the Fall semester. I want to show you how much I smile when I see the guy I like. I want you to see me sitting down on the grass outside the Student Union enjoying the sun and talking to friends... I did that today. It was good for my soul.
I want to go into detail on how my friend Brandy got me a summer exhibit in the AK gallery at school. And I want you to see me painting like crazy (which will happen in the next week) loving it... Every minute of it.
I want you to see me driving around in my old car with the windows down. My hair goes everywhere because it's getting long again.
I want you to read my Spiritual Autobiography, the one I'm writing for my Essay Writing class... The one that got tears out of me while writing it. The one I need to finish, because I only have a draft of it right now.
I want to tell you how I want time with him. I want time. I want to talk to him for hours, until no questions are needed for me to listen to what he has to say.
And I want to play in the swing outside the arts building. I want someone to take pictures while that happens. I want to take pictures of the Peace Fountain at night, when I can climb on it without anyone telling me not to.

I really would have liked for you to sit with me outside the Student Union today. I got to talk to many friends, and I got to feel the warm sun rays on my skin... I got to spend time living every second that life has to offer.

No comments: