Sunday, August 14, 2005

It smells like rain...

It's been raining hard and so it's smells nice outside. I like the smell of rain, a lot. Do you know what I'm talking about?! The smell that you feel a couple of minutes before a big storm it's about to start... and the first few moments after it has started to rain.

I've been avoiding the translation I need to work on. I've been doing some other things instead, like arranging my books on the new bookshelf (well... new for me, anyway). My mom found this really neat bookshelf at a yard sale yesterday. It's just like I wanted it. So I got busy. I still have a bunch of books around my room, the bookshelf wasn't big enough to hold them all... but the place certainly looks better than before, when I had books everywhere.

I've also been playing with some images, trying to make a Warhol-like image. That is because I found a Warhol book from the school library and as I looked at it, I kind of got inspired. This is what I ended up with (at least the one I liked the most):

I'll go do the translation now, I have to finish that today. Plus, I have to find two library books that I seem to have lost...

2 comments:

Maria Sanchez said...

very cool!

Lurid said...

Mmmm, the smell of rain...we're very behind on rain here, has been a drought almost all summer and causing lots of problems for the farmers. So when it doesn't rain for that long, the pre-storm smell is even more intense...