Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's raining models!!!

So far, three people have offered to model for me. Two of them are very serious... one of those two people is my aunt, the other one is a friend. The third guy has been saying that he wants a portrait ever since he found out I like drawing and painting. He said today, "B, you need to do a portrait of me," and then I told him that I could use him as a model at any time... he opened his eyes and smiled big... I was serious, I don't know if he realizes that.

Anywayos, (I've been saying that lately... usually followed by a silly "that's Spanish") something else happened today and I got a kick out of it. My good friend AM is part of the Hispanic Heritage Month planning committee and I've been asked to be a featured artist, my artwork would be in exhibit at the Multicultural Center at school; and today when I saw AM he asked me if I would just put up some of the same paintings I have at the gallery now and I told him that I would make new ones, that I'm already working on that. In response to that, he said the funniest thing "just make sure they're a little Hispanic." I was cracking up and I said "A, I'm Latina... so everything that I do is Hispanic... that's how it goes. Even if I paint dolls, they would be considered Salvadoran dolls!" I like him a lot... he's hilarious, especially when he tries to be so politically correct. When he does that I just smile and say something in Spanish... and then he remembers it's me... and he chills.

Oh, friends are priceless.

And two of my friends are leaving next week on Monday. I'm going to miss them so much. Today was the good-bye reception for one of them. That's life. People leave and they stay in one's heart and mind. Of course I'll keep in touch with both of them... are you crazy?! How could I NOT keep in touch with them?! But I'll miss the hugs and everyday little things. I'll miss the smiles and the good talks.

That's it.

No comments: